is the Executive Director and Co-Founder, The COMMIT Foundation, which is changing the way highly talented veterans think about transition and creating serendipity for them by fostering mentorship, networking, and inspiration. She is also a member of the Board of Directors for Bunker Labs.
Why to Listen:
The Commit Foundation is a fantastic and free resource to help veterans get where they want to go… just a whole lot faster. They take a very individual approach with each veteran with whom the work, and tailor their approach to help instill veterans with information, confidence, and imagination. Having worked with so many veterans over the years, Anne Meree has some fantastic advice for listeners about interviews - it’s some of the best advice this subject I’ve had on the show.
- StoryBox - People trust each other more than advertising. StoryBox provides the tools and supports businesses need to take the best things customers say about them, and use them to drive more sales and referrals. StoryBox offers a 10% discount to companies employing veterans of the US Armed Forces.
- Audible is offering one FREE audio book to Beyond the Uniform listeners. You can claim this offer here, and see a list of books recommended by my guests at BeyondTheUniform.io/books
- The Commit Foundation
- One-on-one transition programming. Application to get involved. SHe encourages people to be very thorough so they can have a very engaged and thorough conversation.
- VTC - veteran transition coaching program - the culmination of six years of work in a software package to track a veterans progress and interact with coaches
- Pay-it-forward Fund - 100% of donations go to supporting veterans
- Skill Bridge program - she talks about using this as a resource to “de-risk your transition”
- Stanford Ignite / Tuck program
- Designing Your Life: How to Build a Well-Lived, Joyful Life - she works with veterans with this book around life and career values and ambitions and getting very granular and specific in seeing yourself in this new environment
- Peter Thiel
- The A16Z podcast - edge technology, AI, staying abreast on technology
- Dr. Edward Tick
- Center for Brain Health
- Episodes Mentioned
Transcript & Time Stamps: